Discovering Macedonia is an online hub concerned with the cultural heritage and natural splendor of the Republic of Macedonia, promoting travel and affordable arrangements with lengthy guides and useful services. Recently incorporated in the city of Skopje, the company aim is to influence the tourism industry, putting Macedonia on the map, along with other attractive destinations.
For this reason, our scholarship opportunity has been geared towards students who are currently pursuing programs in Hospitality, Tourism Development, Management and Marketing as well as Event planning, Finance, Administration, Food, and International hotel management.
Additionally, the scholarship is also open for college students as well as high school students, who are traveling to Macedonia or have Macedonian family heritage.
Provided below are scholarship details including eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, and application requirements.
This is a merit-based contest currently open to college/university and high school students.
The deadline for submitting an application is October 15th, 2018. You will have to send your essay, together with other application requirements (listed below) according to specific guidelines. The awarded entry will be announced on the 15th of November, 2018.
Our respective award ($2000) will be delivered no longer than one week after the public announcement.
The Discovering Macedonia Scholarship is an annual program. Expect following rounds to be added as we update this page.
Board’s criteria for evaluating your entry:
- Adherence to topic
- Grammar and vocabulary
How to apply
You must write a unique article on one of the topics provided:
- Macedonia as an attractive travel destination
- Improving the tourism industry in Macedonia
- Promoting Macedonia abroad
The board will use CopyScape and their own judgment to determine whether an article is unique or not.
The article must be longer than 2000 words and can include embedded multimedia content (when using content that is not your own, you need to add appropriate citations under the article in the form of URLs and text citations).
You will have to provide the following information:
- Personal information (Full name and Address)
- Name of School, College or University
- Area of Study
- Document proof of staying or having visited Macedonia, or a Personal ID of family member with Macedonian ethnicity (needed only if area of study doesn’t match the required profile)
- Image of a non-expired document that confirms your student status or a signed letter from the institution where you are studying
The winner of this scholarship program will be announced on the 15th of November, and will receive a respected award in the form of $2000 transferred directly to his or her PayPal account.
Should the winner express interest in visiting Macedonia, our team at Discovering Macedonia will offer free accommodation, daily tours and expert advice on how to experience most of the cultural, religious and natural splendor.
Terms and conditions:
- Discovering Macedonia reserves the exclusive rights to publish each article in an original or modified version, on the website, social media or third party sites and platforms
- Applications are sent via e-mail only
- Only completed applications are accepted
- Applications are considered completed when they include your full name and address, along with the name of your school, college or university, area of study, school issued ID or signed letter, additional transit or ID documents (if applicable), and attached article in MS Word format or similar document formats
- Subject line of your e-mail should read “Discovering Macedonia Scholarship”
- Additional transit documents or family IDs are necessary only if your area of study doesn’t match the required student profile!
- Non-English submissions will be automatically rejected (this refers to the e-mail and article)
- No correspondence available during the application window, except when requested
- Incomplete entries are automatically rejected
- Students with rejected entries will receive an e-mail notice, 15 days prior to the application deadline
- In the case an application gets rejected, the student is allowed only one more entry
We encourage you to send your application. Our e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org